ShipServ TradeNet Membership Rules (2002 Version)
NOTE: If you are purchasing any ShipServ product and do not have a copy of these ShipServ TradeNet Membership Rules, you should print this off.
1. Contracts between Users
1. Each User is responsible for ensuring the application of his own trading conditions in respect of his dealings with other Users.
2. To facilitate this, he may use the Comment field in any document to refer to his trading conditions.
3. It is the User’s responsibility to ensure that his trading conditions are made available to another User.
Each User will seek to
1. have in place a security and safety system under which only his authorised staff can create valid transactions and which minimises the risk of any other User’s Information being lost or damaged or being seen or misused by another User or a third party.
2. take sufficient precautions to minimise the risk of viruses or other similar computer programming routines being transmitted to other Users.
3. not abuse other Users by, as a buyer, seeking quotations for an order from an excessive number of suppliers
4. not use information about other Users made available by ShipServ to conduct excessive marketing campaigns.
3. Termination and Restriction
ShipServ and you will seek:
1. A User may make representations to ShipServ about the behaviour or performance of another User with respect to Clause 2.
2. If ShipServ reasonably believes in its sole opinion that such behaviour or performance may create liability for another User or may damage the hardware or software of another User, it may, without notice, immediately take such action as is necessary to minimise or prevent such liability or damage. Otherwise it will follow the procedure in paragraphs c, d and e of this Rule 3.
3. ShipServ will allow the other User an opportunity of a reply to the allegation,
4. ShipServ at their sole discretion may ask the User to rectify his behaviour or performance.
5. If appropriate and in its sole discretion, ShipServ will, subject to 2 working days notice, also have the right in such cases to limit or terminate a User’s use of the Services and Clause 8 of the ShipServ General Terms & Conditions will apply.
6. If a User ceases to use the Services for any reason, he will honour all outstanding transactions.