Tradenet saves time, money and effort through the entire purchasing cycle
TradeNet is the ship supplies trading platform that connects the entire supply chain with electronic information flow.
All RFQs, quotes, purchase orders, confirmations and acknowledgements are sent over TradeNet using MTML (Marine Trading Mark-up Language), the industry standard.
Over 160 top ship owner/managers, yards and drilling contractors use TradeNet every day for their operational purchases for 5,600 ships and rigs.
TradeNet has four powerful modules
TradeNet streamlines and automates the entire purchasing cycle by integrating all these core modules in one platform:
Here’s why TradeNet users have replaced their manual, time consuming, paper-based processes:
- Faster purchasing processes…cut order cycle times by 30-50%
- More accurate orders…waste less time unwinding errors
- More on-time deliveries…and more productive ships
- Lower risk of off-hire days…caused by supply issues
- New business insight…to benchmark and improve suppliers, processes and KPI performance
- Easier compliance…with best-practice processes and total transparency
- Simple integration…links to your ERP system quickly and easily using open standards
Integrated software or web-based service
TradeNet easily integrates with all the major purchasing systems in the marine & offshore industries including custom systems.Thanks to the Marine Trading Mark-up Language (MTML) standard, the average TradeNet customer is fully integrated in days, not weeks or months. If more integration is required, our experienced integration team makes sure there’s no disruption to your purchasing processes.If you have no purchasing system, you can still benefit from TradeNet:
- ShipLink™…the shipboard software that lets ships personnel browse catalogs, create requisitions, manage delivery status and develop reusable templates. Requisitions are transmitted to shore personnel via TradeNet for fast approval and action.
- Web Buyer™…an entirely-web-based tool that allows buyers to review requisitions, manage RFQs, solicit bids, award and place orders – all without any software to buy or maintain.
Why choose TradeNet?
- Independence and neutrality…not controlled by buyers or suppliers
- Proven track record…millions of transactions and over $1.7 billion/year in value processed
- Customer service…24×7 support, backed up by a 3-tier escalation process
- Simple integration…with your chosen ERP system
- Extensive supplier base…over 37,000 suppliers increase choice
- Choice of trading partners…no limits on who you trade with
- Easy to migrate…if you change ship management or ERP system, your procurement data is preserved