13 December 2011
Since our launch, we have made a major commitment to enabling better communication between existing computer systems/ maritime purchasing systems and our trading network.
As part of this drive we have entered technical and commercial relationships with all of the major providers of both marine software and general ERP software.
This means that a shipping company can literally be performing live trades within a few hours, with no complicated setup or configuration required.
Our relationship with software companies does not stop with the mere exchange of data.
We have partnership and joint roadmap strategies with most of the major providers which brings obvious benefits to the user.
Our partners leverage their expertise in purchasing, maintenance, spare parts, stock control, while we connect trading parties, with different levels of automation, and provide buyers with vital information to find suppliers.
Working as a trusted partnership we help the customer achieve positive and measurable results that include:
- Availability of extensive KPI Reporting and benchmarking by combining the customer’s own purchasing data with industry aggregates from over 170 buying companies controlling over 6,200 ships.
- A network of over 37,000 suppliers available for trading and sourcing– which is unparalleled in the industry.
- ShipServ’s 24 hour support of the suppliers means that the system is working for the customer even when the office is closed.
- Real-time variance reporting improves accuracy and helps prevent wrong deliveries.
- An increasing number of the world’s largest marine suppliers have spent considerable time and resource in implementing integrations into TradeNet, which speeds up response and shortens cycle times.
- ShipServ Pages, the world’s largest maritime sourcing network, can be embedded in the desktop of partner systems.
We have also worked with non-marine ERP system partners such as JD Edwards, IBM Maximo and Oracle and would be delighted to discuss any possible integration with these or similar systems.
Over the next few editions of Connect, we will look at some of our software partners systems in greater detail and how they are fully integrated with TradeNet and ShipServ Pages.