13 December 2011
As we are now entering the festive season, all of us here at ShipServ product development would like to unveil two gifts of our own to our buyer community to improve your user experience and add further value to your TradeNet service.
Firstly, it gives me great pleasure to announce the imminent release of a long-anticipated upgrade to the Supplier Analysis Report.
This is one of the most valuable analytical tools in the WebReporter module used by our purchasing managers, because it allows the buyer to view the performance of suppliers over time. RFQ response rates, award statistics, purchase order activity, and more, are all available on both an individual and aggregate basis.
These statistics also form the basis for the quarterly KPI reports.
The upgraded Supplier Analysis Report contains the following new features:
- “As of” reporting: One of the challenges of real time reporting is being able to duplicate the data conditions that existed at the time of a report. An RFQ that is outstanding when a report is run on one day might have been responded to when the report is re-run. Now you can re-run a report from six months ago and the output will look the same as it did at that time.
- Summary and Detail View
- Customizable Supplier Response Parameters: When should we assume that an RFQ or PO has not been responded to? Different buyers have different thoughts on the subject. Now you will be able to set your own response parameters through the use of “Cut-off Days”.
- New Fields Added: RFQ’s Declined, PO’s Accepted/Confirmed/Declined, PO Response Times, and more.
- On-screen help tips to assist the user in getting the most out of the report data.
- User Guide containing screen shots and business rule definitions.
We hope you will take a few minutes to try out the new report.
As I mentioned in this column in the last Connect, we have also been expanding the use of attachments that are sent from buyers to suppliers.
These attachments can be provided automatically from buyer system integrations, or through ShipLink/WebBuyer.
The attachments are viewable from within SmartSupplier or StartSupplier, so for our ‘second gift’ we are pleased to announce the imminent release of a new version of our supplier integration software that permit the attachments to be delivered to the supplier via automatic download.
The graphic below illustrates the changes in the transaction flow.
For more information on how this data is delivered to suppliers, please do not hesitate to contact your ShipServ client relations manager.
Tags: Supplier Analysis report