5 July 2011
Supplier reviews & ratings are an essential trust builder. Highly-rated, well-reviewed suppliers always generate more enquiries.
More reviews lead to a higher TradeRank and a higher position on Pages, so every time you supply a customer with an order, make sure you ask them to post a review, you can even provide a personalised message. (Buyers who source through Pages or TradeNet will automatically be asked to review you, but reminding them greatly increases your chance of success.)
Only opinions from verified TradeNet sources are posted on Pages so buyers know that every review is genuine and validated. Buyers can rate you by delivery speed, customer service and fulfilment of items as described.
In a recent ShipServ survey three out of four buyers said they would choose the supplier with better reviews. Why?
- They reduce risk, helping buyers find trusted suppliers
- They save time, displaying the very best from a supplier list
- They know they’re independent, validated recommendations
Why they’re important for suppliers
- Positive reviews from respected buyers on an independent, third-party site bring you enormous credibility
- Buyers trust reviews over case studies on your own web site as there is no ‘marketing filter’
- It’s much faster and easier than writing your own case studies
- Presence of a few negative reviews can actually benefit perception of the supplier by adding credibility (as long as they’re outweighed by positive ones!)
- It’s a great way to boost your TradeRank
Action Point: Make it someone’s job to solicit reviews & ratings from customers. Start with the friendliest customers but ask everyone you serve. Review your progress monthly. And don’t forget to thank customers who give you good reviews.
To download the eBook Five Easy Ways to Boost Your Pages Listing,