7 June 2011
‘It takes two’ sang Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston in the sixties and we wholeheartedly agree, particularly when it comes to relationships with maritime software providers.
ShipServ has deep connections to each of the leading marine software providers allowing clients the ability to link seamlessly and reap the benefits of our long-standing trusted partnerships
Since our launch, we have made a major commitment to enabling better communication between existing computer systems/ maritime purchasing systems and our trading network.
As part of this drive we have entered technical and commercial relationships with all of the major providers of both marine software and general ERP software.
This means that a shipping company can literally be performing live trades within a few hours, with no complicated setup or configuration required.
Not just data
Our relationship with software companies does not stop with the mere exchange of data.
We have partnership and joint roadmap strategies with most of the major providers which brings obvious benefits to the user.
Our partners leverage their expertise in purchasing, maintenance, spare parts, stock control, while we connect trading parties, buyers and suppliers, with different levels of automation, and provide buyers with vital information to find suppliers and make better decisions.
Working as a trusted partnership we help the customer achieve positive and measurable results that include:
• Availability of extensive KPI Reporting and benchmarking by combining the customer’s own purchasing data with industry aggregates from over 160 buying companies controlling over 5,700 ships.
• A network of over 12,000 trading suppliers and over 36,000 available for sourcing in ShipServ Pages – which is unparalleled in the industry.
• ShipServ’s 24/7 support of the suppliers means that the system is working for the customer even when the office is closed.
• Real-time variance reporting improves accuracy and helps prevent wrong deliveries.
• An increasing number of the world’s largest marine suppliers have spent considerable time and resource in implementing deep integrations into TradeNet, which dramatically speeds up response and shortens cycle times.
• ShipServ Pages, the world’s largest maritime sourcing network, can be embedded in the desktop of partner systems.