6 April 2011
Mariner’s Annual is the international shipping and offshore drilling industries’ ordering guide, used to communicate material requirements from ship to shore and from buyer to supplier. It is used aboard ships, offshore drilling rigs and smaller commercial vessels on all seas, as well as in purchasing and operations offices around the world.
Introducing Mariner’s Annual Ordering Guide, a ShipServ Publication
Mariner’s Annual was first conceived in the 1950s by Charles Kerr when he spotted the problems involved with communications between ships, purchasing offices, and suppliers, and identified the need for a technically complete and up-to-date book that could be used to bridge the communications gap. This idea has been subsequently developed into an institution that has flourished for more than five decades. Mariner’s Annual became part of the ShipServ family in January 2010.
About the Ordering Guide
Mariner’s Annual is used:
- Aboard ships, offshore drilling rigs, and • smaller commercial vessels on all seas.
- In purchasing and operations offices • around the world.
- By ship chandlers and offshore suppliers • in ports around the world.
- By those who design, build, and repair • vessels.
- To communicate material requirements • from ship to shore and from buyer to supplier.
It includes over 1,400 pages containing:
- Thousands of products – with illustrations, specifications, and ordering numbers.
- Purchasing and service locations world wide.
- Five indices to find products, advertisers, ship chandlers (by port), life rafts and servicing stations, and other services (by specialty).
Mariner’s Annual is completely revised and updated each year and is published each spring. It is available in multiple formats: a 1,413-page Book and a CD, containing the same information as the book. The CD’s search capabilities make it easy to check out various sources for a particular product, find a unique model number, locate a distributor in your area, or see what’s new from your favorite manufacturers. Since 2002 Mariner’s Annual is also available online.
Approximately 8,000 copies of Mariner’s Annual are distributed each year in book and CD form. And over 60,000 copies of Mariner’s Annual are in active use on ships, drilling rigs, offshore vessels and in procurement offices as well as by ship chandlers and ship builders/repairers around the world.
The book is divided into two sections:
- Manufacturers, distributors, ship chandlers • and marine and offshore suppliers around the world use the Advertising Section to present their products and services. Anyone may buy space in this section.
- Material in the Catalog Section is selected • and prepared by the editors. It includes pictures, model numbers, and specifications on products and equipment of interest to our readers.
Advertise in Mariner’s Annual
Advertising in Mariner’s Annual is available in:
- Full, half, and quarter pages in black-and-• white or color in the Advertising Section.
- Ad strips in the Catalog Section.•
- Premium positions (back cover, inside • covers, divider page, etc.).
Remember, advertising in Mariner’s Annual puts you in front of maritime professionals both on-board and on-shore. It is read by those responsible for operating and maintaining ships, offshore drilling rigs, and smaller commercial boats. It is also used by hundreds of ship chandlers in ports around the world as well as by naval architects, marine engineers, and shipyards in their design, construction, and repair work.
Mariner’s Annual – Part of the ShipServ family
For the last 10 years ShipServ has been the leader in providing information to the buyers and suppliers of marine & offshore supplies to help them find each other easily, connect cost effectively and trade efficiently. This includes an e-commerce trading platform (ShipServ TradeNet) and an online supplier directory/search engine (ShipServ Pages). The addition of Mariner’s Annual in early 2010 was the next step in providing better ordering intelligence to buyers and enhanced marketing reach to suppliers.
For buyers in the ShipServ community, the addition of the high quality content in Mariner’s Annual makes their experience richer and more rewarding.
Mariner’s Annual also enhances ShipServ’s onboard capability, providing an ordering guide for crews to better communicate their needs to onshore personnel.
For suppliers, ShipServ offers even more channels to market and reinforcing the company’s position as the first choice marketing partner for the maritime industry.