13 December 2010
The purchasing department used to be a quiet, back-office function. Today, it plays an increasingly strategic role for ship owners, managers and shipyards.
Shipping businesses now look to purchasing executives for more than simply driving down operational costs. They also demand:
- Visibility into key performance indicators that drive profitability
- Management of supply risks that affect downtime, off-hire and voyage cancellations
- The ability to benchmark against industry best-in-class performance
- Control of the processes that affect profitability and compliance
- Operational flexibility to support growth, change, investment, divestiture and mergers
Fortunately, there’s a proven, world-leading marketplace that gives purchasing departments a distinct advantage across all of these critical dimensions – as well as a powerful toolset for driving down costs. ShipServ web-enables the sourcing and purchasing of operational supplies so you can find suppliers easily, connect cost effectively and trade efficiently.
ShipServ TradeNet is the ship supplies trading platform that connects buyers to the entire supply chain with electronic information flow in all directions.
TradeNet lets buyers and suppliers share a single, central electronic hub instead of trying to create custom, hard-wired integrations between every supplier and every buyer.
This simple idea has unleashed extremely compelling benefits to a rapidly increasing number of the world’s top shipping companies…