18 June 2010
I’m a Supplier – Help me to win new business
Reviews are great for your business. Here’s why:
- Positive reviews from respected buyers bring you enormous credibility.
- Buyers trust reviews over case studies as there is no ‘marketing filter’.
- Writing your own case studies is time consuming and expensive.
- Transparency is often the best policy. Show that you take and act on criticism.
- The presence of a few negative reviews can actually benefit a buyer’s perception of your business.
- Reviews are an excellent way to gather and act upon customer feedback.
- Reviews are more credible if posted on a third party site.
Use this useful FAQ guide to help familiarise yourself with the new functionality.
Suppliers – Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t know my login details for Pages. What should I do?
1. First check to see if we already have an account for your email address.
2. Go to the ShipServ Pages Sign In page.
3. Click ‘Have you lost your password’ and enter your email address in the space provided.
4. If you already have an account, a password reminder email will be sent to you.
5. If the system says that your email address is not recognised, you will need to register (see below).
How do I register and get access to my company details?
1. Go to Pages and click the ‘Register’ link on the top right corner of the page.
2. Complete the details as requested and click ‘Register me’. An account will now be created for you.
3. Next you need to link your account to your company. Sign in to Pages, then Click the ‘My Profile’ tab, top right of the page.
4. Click the ‘My Companies’ option on the left.
5. Click ‘+Add Company’
6. Start typing the name of your company. A list of matching companies will appear.
7. Click on the name of your company when it appears.
8. Click OK to confirm the request.
9. You will now need to wait until the administrator of that company approves your request.
How do I get reviews from my customers?
1. Sign in to Pages, find your listing and select the ‘Reviews’ tab.
2. You will see a list of your customers that have sent orders to you via TradeNet.
3. To ask one of these customers for a review, click the ‘Ask their opinion’ link.
4. Enter the email addresses of the individuals in the customer you would like to ask for a review.
5. Provide a personalised message – this will increase your chance of getting a response.
6. Click ‘Send Request’
I am signed in and looking at my company profile but there is no ‘Ask their opinion’ link. What should I do?
Remember that you need to a member of the company in order to solicit reviews on its behalf. See the section above relating to registration and gaining access to your company details.
Will I be notified when my customer sends in their review?
Yes, if the customer responds you will be notified by email.
How do I respond to reviews?
1. Sign in to Pages, and go to the reviews page on your profile or follow the link in the review notification email.
2. Click the link ‘Read all reviews’ next to the customer who submitted the review you want to respond to.
3. Click ‘Add Response’ next to the customer’s comments
4. Enter your response and click ‘Publish Response’.
5. Your response will now be visible on Pages
I do not want my customer list on my Pages profile. What can I do?
If you do not want to publish your customers on your profile you have the option to ‘anonymise’ them. This means that instead of the name of the customer, a phrase such as ‘A Ship Manager, Norway’ is displayed instead. This way prospective buyers can see that you are an active member of the community but cannot see which specific TradeNet buyers you are serving. Of course this renders your customer list less powerful as a marketing tool.
To change your privacy level, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to Pages, and click the ‘My Profile’ link.
2. Click ‘My Companies’
3. Click the ‘People & Settings’ link on the company you want to configure.
4. Click ‘Privacy’
5. Select the desired privacy level option.
6. Click ‘Save changes’
I have set my privacy level to ‘Anonymise all my customers’ but I can still see them. What is happening?
If you are logged in as a member of your company, the real customer names are displayed. Users who are not a member of your company will see the anonymised versions. You can check this by signing out and then looking at your profile page.
How do I stop my competitors submitting negative reviews?
Reviews can only be submitted by customers that trade with you on TradeNet. Your competitors cannot submit reviews.
Can I get reviews from my customers that do not trade on TradeNet?
Not yet. This is a feature being considered for a future release.
Will reviews affect my TradeRank?
Yes, positive reviews will increase your TradeRank.