17 October 2008
Reduce Costs, Maximize Marketing Spend: 6 tips from ShipServ to weather the economic storm
With the global economic downturn affecting all corners of the shipping market, we all need to look at ways to improve our competitiveness to survive.
We know that money is tight and every sales & marketing dollar needs to be maximized. ShipServ can help you stand out from the crowd and cost effectively reach new customers. Here are 6 ways in which we can assist you in weathering the economic storm:
1. Get Listed on ShipServ Pages. ShipServ Pages has rapidly become the largest online maritime supplier directory in the world, with over 10,000 visitors a week. Purchasing professionals worldwide use Pages to find the suppliers they need in over 7,500 ports worldwide. For highest exposure, get a Premium Listing – guaranteed to get 20 times more interest than a Basic Listing. Contact us to find out more.
2. Get found on Google. We know that today most people turn to Google to find what they want. That’s why we’ve invested heavily in making sure suppliers listed in Pages rank highly in Google search results. Its called Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and we’ve done all the work to make sure your listing in easily findable by Google. So for example if you’re a Chandler based in Dubai, there’s every chance you’ll come at the top of list when someone searches for “Chandlers Dubai” in Google. In fact, we have many suppliers whose Pages listing comes above their very own website! Contact us to find out more.
3. Advertise on Pages. Now is the time to stop spending money on pointless exhibitions and magazine ads and start advertising on Pages. Advertising on Pages is different to advertising on any other shipping-related site. That’s because we ONLY have purchasing professionals coming to our site, looking to source new suppliers. There are no casual browsers on Pages. This means you get your company in front of real buyers looking to buy real products – maximizing your sales & marketing spend. Contact us to find out more.
4. Make sure your TradeNet membership is publicly visible. Your TradeNet membership is a fantastic asset so make the most of it! Make sure its visible on all your web pages and company stationery – just like your phone or fax numbers. Our buyer customers tell us they prefer to deal with TradeNet Suppliers. Contact us to find out more.
5. Promote your company on www.shipserv.com. The ShipServ website features a Community list, including a list of Integrated, Expert and SmartSuppliers. This list is used by many buyers as a quick reference guide. So if you’re not on the list, you’re missing out! And if you’re a StartSupplier – find out how to upgrade to SmartSupplier to increase your visibility. Contact us to find out more.
6.Leverage ShipServ’s marketing programmes. ShipServ has a comprehensive, on-going marketing plan which is continually reaching out to your potential customers. We are always looking for suppliers to highlight in case studies, press releases and communications. ShipServ publishes this bi-monthly Newsletter with a circulation of over 40,000. We’d love to discuss with you the possibility of doing a case study or feature article concerning your company. Contact us to find out more.
ShipServ to host panel at Digital Ship Singapore 2008
ShipServ will be hosting a panel discussion titled “E-Purchasing for Profitability” at 14:30 on the first day of the conference (Tuesday 21 October, 2008).
Joining ShipServ will be William Ho of Masterbulk and Charles Ong of Keppel Shipyard. Plus ShipServ will be sharing the experiences of Holland America Line, the US-based cruise company.
The company will also be updating delegates on ShipServ TradeNet and how it helps both buyers and suppliers to reduce costs, save time and make better spending decisions.
For more information on the event visit the event website. For more information on ShipServ’s involvement do not hesitate to contact Sharon Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edition 3 of ShipCast, the ShipServ Podcast Now Available!
The latest edition of our podcast focusses on ShipServ Pages.
Stuart May, Director of Product Management, discusses how:
– Pages is not just another supplier directory
– Buyers will see a unique tool for sourcing suppliers
– Suppliers will see a great opportunity to win new business
You can hear the podcast here.
ShipServ Partner Update
ShipServ was pleased to be a partner at the recent ABS-NS Annual User Conference in Long Beach, California. The conference was well attended by a cross section of users, from technical purchasing, to operations, to IT. ABS and ShipServ share a growing list of common customers, and as the products and services of the two companies fit together, each are able to enhance the effectiveness of the other.
As part of the conference, ABS-NS scheduled a breakout session on e-commerce, which appealed to current ShipServ users as well as those considering e-commerce for the first time. Topics discussed included order management, contract management, data quality, and sourcing of new suppliers.
For more information on our any of our partner initiatives, contact Linda Ho McAfee, email@example.com.
Keep Up-to-date with ShipServ
You can keep up to date with all the latest ShipServ news and announcements, as well as finding out who’s just joined the ShipServ community, by signing up to one of our RSS feeds. To find out more visit ShipServ RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 ShipServ Limited. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.