2 October 2008
SmartSupplier is the ShipServ TradeNet application that lets you manage all of your Request for Quotes (RFQs), quotes, purchase orders, confirmations and acknowledgements. SmartSupplier is the next step up from StartSupplier and adds additional order management capabilities, allowing you to better automate the fulfilling of orders. You also get management information tools, giving you greater visibility and control of your customer’s orders.
SmartSupplier Features & Benefits
SmartSupplier provides an automated sales order management capability and management information tools that provide total visibility of all customer orders.
Simplify & standardize your sales order procedures
SmartSupplier enables a standard process for securely preparing, sending and receiving sales order documents, including receiving requests for quote and orders, and sending quotes and confirmations. This results in a significant reduction in your communication costs with buyers.
Trade electronically with ship owners / managers worldwide
Using SmartSupplier you automatically become e-enabled and able to send and receive electronic documents, improving data quality and eliminating manual re-typing, faxing and emailing, which are prone to errors.
Straightforward and easy to use
The “Outlook style” main dashboard that organizes your transactions is simple for all users to incorporate in their daily activities.
Immediate and delay-free access
You receive transactions from buyers straight away and have access to all data for quotes and orders, even when disconnected from the internet enabling a reduction in quote to order cycle times.
To become a SmartSupplier member you need to pay an annual subscription fee plus a Purchase Order (PO) Pack which is sized according to expected trading volume.
• Membership covers one year and is automatically renewed each year at the then current tariff, unless you have previously cancelled your subscription
• PO Packs are purchased separately. When the annual subscription is renewed, any unused POs are simply carried over to the next year
• A PO Pack is like a prepaid phone card. It can be purchased in a variety of quantities ranging from 25 to 5,000. Every time you receive a PO, your PO Pack is reduced by one
• An unlimited number of RFQs may be received through the system
• Membership covers one TradeNet ID. If you wish to have separate branch offices with distinct TradeNet IDs, you must purchase multiple subscriptions
The annual license also entitles you to the following:
• Use of the SmartSupplier solution for Order Management transactions via TradeNet
• Access to expert support from ShipServ’s Customer Service Centres worldwide 24/7
• Basic Listing in the online supplier directory, ShipServ Pages
• Invitation to the annual ShipServ Conference, Connect